Why Create a Waterwise Landscape?
- Often, the design and operation of our landscapes is not well-planned, which can lead to wasteful water use.
- Planning, preparing, and maintaining your landscape properly will result in a healthier use of water, with better performance, less pests and disease, and hardier plants overall.
- Better landscaping techniques can reduce fertilizer, pesticide use, and the need for maintenance.
- Using less water saves money.
- Higher water consumption increases the demand for costly infrastructure. Water savings allow the deferral of infrastructure investments.
- Reduced water use leaves more water in lakes, aquifers and streams to support our ecosystems.